The Week's End
Well, the last couple of days have been kind of slow. It's tough having five-day weekends every week! :) I have classes only on Monday and Wednesday this semester. I know, I know: "What does he do all day?!" Most of my free time these days should be consumed with the research and writing of my tesina (Italian for "little thesis"). It's supposed to be finished and handed in by May 9. I think I can do it by then. It's just a matter of sitting down and getting it done.
I didn't make it to the Station Church Mass on Thursday or Friday. On Thursday I celebrated Mass for a group of American sisters (nuns) who live in Rome, and on Friday I decided to sleep in a bit. Today, however, I was up and at it again, at the church of Saints Peter and Marcellinus (two more martyrs mentioned in the first Eucharistic Prayer). Not much is known about these two, but there must have been some devotion to them in the early centuries of the Church in
order for a church to be built in their honor and their resting place preserved for centuries. Below is a photo of the painting that is right behind the altar. It shows the two martyrs as they prepare to die at the hands of their executioners.

We've got a "Day of Recollection" this weekend (Saturday evening to Sunday evening). I am looking forward to it.
More later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home