Friday, October 27, 2006

It's a "Free" Weekend

Somehow the time between posts just flies...

I just got back from the Teresianum, where I had an Italian proficiency exam. The test was supposed to consist of the reading of a paragraph in Italian by the student, followed by a short summary or explanation of the paragraph, also in Italian. However, after the professor found out I had been in Rome for three years already, all I had to do was read the text, and he said I was okay, and that I could take the Italian language course if I wanted to, but it wasn't necessary. What a relief!

By the way, if you want to check out the Teresianum, you can visit their website at www.teresianum.org -- just a warning, though: everything is in Italian!

So this is a "free" weekend. Actually, the administration of the seminary has changed it from a "free" weekend to a "weekend in which travel is permitted." That is, the fact that we are permitted to travel does not imply that if we stay in town we are free to do whatever we want. I guess it's a fine distinction.

I'll be leaving tomorrow for Subiaco, where St. Benedict spent three years in a cave. There are a couple of monasteries there now (hopefully one with room for Luke and me in its guesthouse). I understand that it's a really neat place to visit, and I'm hoping it's not overrun with tourists at this time of year. We shall see.

All is well. Time marches on and waits for no one. Classes are going pretty well, but I still really need to get into the swing of doing my reading and studying.

I still don't have a lot of ordination pictures available. When they become available, as promised, I will make them available to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home