Last note from Rome for awhile
Well, I've had this blog for a few months now, and looking back over those months, I have to say that I didn't write as frequently as I had originally envisioned, but I also have to say that there's not a whole lot out of the ordinary that happened here that I didn't write about. So in a way I guess I'm satisfied with the way it has all turned out.
Now there's just one more exam that I face: Canon Law. The professor basically told us what he's going to be asking during the exams, so I don't foresee there being any difficulties.
I've still got to pack -- it seems like that's always a last-minute operation. I found out, happily, that I am allowed two 70-pound bags on my flight home, plus a carry-on and a "personal item." That means I can bring home a lot of stuff. [I say "happily" because a lot of airlines are moving to a 50-pound maximum per bag. British Airways is not, evidently -- or at least they haven't yet.] Somehow, though, even 70 pounds will probably end up being a crunch. I usually find myself weighing my suitcases and discovering that they are five, ten or fifteen pounds overweight. Then the reorganization begins. Better for it to happen at home than in the airport (like it did on my way to Rome the first time).
So, for the summer, I don't know how much I'll keep this up. I think I'll give it my best shot. Of course, I'll be seeing many of you during the course of the summer, so you might not feel as much of a need (not that you ever felt a need!) to "keep up" on my activities. I'll be at St. Mary's Parish in Spokane Valley from June 24 to August 24, with some days off at various points in between. Some activities include nursing home and hospital visits, vacation Bible school, serving at Mass, learning how "the office" operates, etc. -- typical parish activities. I'll give you more details when the time comes.
In the meantime, "Arrivederci, Roma," e buon viaggio to me! See you soon!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home