'Tis the Season
...for mosquitos, that is. Last night I had my first "mosquito night" of the year. And no, it's not some strange Roman feast. It simply means that there was a mosquito in my room, and it woke me up several times by buzzing in my ear. The buzzing, naturally, causes the swat reflex, but somehow the mosquito always manages to escape before my hand hits the side of my head. And, of course, when I turn the light on so that I can hunt the mosquito down and squash it, it disappears until the light goes off again.
The problem is that I have to open my window to let in some fresh air, or else the room gets unbearably stuffy and hot. However, that means mosquitos can wander in whenever they so desire. There is a product called "Vape" that emits a very small amount of a mosquito-repelling chemical into the room, but I am a little leary of leaving something like that running all night. I'll have to figure something out. Or, maybe I just need to learn how to swat more quickly.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home