Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Rainy/Sunny First Day of Spring

At least, I think this is the first day of spring, isn't it? It rained in the morning and was sunny in the afternoon. I think good weather is on its way. That's a good sign for anyone looking to travel here soon!

We're gearing up for the big consistory this weekend. For those of you who don't know -- a consistory is basically an event in which the Pope "makes" new cardinals. This time, Pope Benedict XVI will make 12 new cardinals, plus three others who are over the "voting age" (in the event of another papal conclave) of (I think) 80.

There will be a reception at the seminary for the two new American cardinals (William Levada and Sean O'Malley) and their many (over 1,000, we're told) guests. I guess I'm slated to play the piano in one of the "gathering rooms," if you can call it that. Should be interesting.



This weekend is one in which travel is permitted, but I don't have any plans to go anywhere yet. We'll see. Maybe I'll think of somewhere I can go for a day or perhaps even an overnight stay.

That's about all that's going on in my corner of the world. I hope all my readers are well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home