Friday, March 10, 2006

Ahhhh, Friday!

Well, it's already the end of the week, and I suppose I haven't been too bad about writing notes here, but I guess it has been a few days since my last post.

It was a good week. I thought the weather was starting to get better in Rome, but a couple of rainy days have "put the cabosh" (to use one of Mom's old phrases) on that idea. Still, it's not like we're having snowstorms, as I've heard Spokane has had in the last few days.

Tonight I'm going to the second piano recital in the series I mentioned last Saturday. The star of the show this time is Lang Lang, a young (23 or 24) Chinese man who started as a child prodigy. You can see his website here. I'm looking forward to this recital in large part because I'm familiar with most of the pieces he will be playing. I'll give you the report in my next post.

Lent is flying by. Today the thought crossed my mind that there are only three more weeks of class until Easter break (which, in Rome, lasts for two weeks: Holy Week and the Octave of Easter). It's amazing how quickly the time passes.

On a happy note, my airline tickets for the summer have been purchased, so it's official: I'll be back on June 14. Now the countdown begins...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home