A little more progress
Well, I'm on page 35.... After a good meeting with my spiritual director today, I feel like writing the rest of this paper won't be too heavy a burden. The important thing is just to get it done, and not treat it as if my whole life depended on it!
I also got news yesterday that the date for comprehensive exams has been moved. Instead of starting on the 25th of June, they will start on the 17th and be finished by the 20th. So that means I'll certainly be home for my good friend Matthew's priestly ordination on the 27th. That makes me happy!
Fr. Jeremy Driscoll, O.S.B., a monk from Mount Angel Abbey in Oregon, is giving a presentation at the seminary tonight. It's the second in a two-part lecture on theology and how to bring all the different areas of theology together in a coherent manner. He is an excellent speaker. You can really tell that he loves his subject matter, and he does such a good job of explaining things. He spends half of every year teaching at Mount Angel and the other half teaching at Sant'Anselmo here in Rome.
Well, not much else to report here. Just trying to keep up with the work.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home